W R Meadows PMPC 6in x 50in Roll
W R Meadows PMPC 6in x 50in Roll – PDF
W R Meadows PMPC 6in x 50in Roll
PREMOULDED MEMBRANE® VAPOR SEAL WITH PLASMATIC® CORE (PMPC)
PMPC TAPE is offered in 6″ (152.4 mm) widths and roll lengths of 50′ (15 m), six rolls per carton.
W R Meadows PMPC 6in x 50in Roll PREMOULDED MEMBRANE VAPOR SEAL WITH PLASMATIC CORE (PMPC) is a patented seven-ply, weather-coated, permanently bonded, semi-flexible vapor proofing/waterproofing membrane. It is composed of an exclusive PLASMATIC CORE suspended mid-point between two layers of a homogeneous, bituminous material, and then sealed under heat and pressure between liners of asphalt-impregnated felt and a glass-mat liner. An asphalt weather coat is applied to the glass-mat liner and covered with a polyethylene anti-stick sheet.
PMPC provides a positive, easy-to-install, economical, true vapor proofing and waterproofing system for horizontal applications. Properly applied, it stops moisture migration in footings, concrete floors, and structural slabs. PREMOULDED MEMBRANE VAPOR SEAL WITH PLASMATIC CORE is both waterproof and vapor proof.
It offers a perm rating of fewer than 0.002 perms, the lowest in the industry. The product is the ultimate when a true vapor seal is required. Among its unique features is the built-in protection course, which resists Jobsite puncturing and the abrasive action of concrete placement. PMPC conforms to ASTM E1993-08. The exclusive PLASMATIC CORE adds flexibility, greater tensile strength, and excellent handling characteristics, in addition to providing unequaled vapor barrier properties. PMPC helps meet and maintain the maximum slab moisture transfer rate of 3 lb./1000 ft.2/24 hours (1.45 kg/100 m²/24 hours), as allowed by the flooring industry’s specifications.
Representative United States patent: USPN 7,179,761. (See also www.wrmeadows.com/patents for further patent/intellectual property information.)
PMPC, when properly applied, is designed to stop moisture migration (liquid or vapor) in footings, concrete floor slabs, and structural slabs, which greatly reduces fungus, mildew, and mold. It is especially useful under slabs overlaid with wood, tile, epoxy, and urethane coatings, carpeting, and resilient or seamless flooring systems since it helps prevent warping and buckling caused by moisture migration. PMPC also greatly reduces radon gas from entering the structure.
- Offers a virtually impermeable vapor proofing system with a perm rating of fewer than 0.002 perms, the lowest in the industry.
- As the only true vapor barrier for horizontal applications, it is both waterproof and vapor-proof.
- Provides excellent tensile strength and puncture resistance.
- Helps prevent warping, buckling, or delamination of subsequent flooring systems.
- Conforms to ASTM E1993-08 specification.
- Greatly reduces fungus, mildew, and mold.
- Greatly reduces radon gas from entering the structure.
- Helps meet and maintain the maximum slab moisture transfer rate of 3 lb./1000 sq. ft./24 hours (1.45 kg/100 m²/24 hours), as allowed by the flooring industry’s specifications.
W. R. Meadows Premouled Membrane Specifications:
ASTM E1993 (2008)*
*Standard Specification for Bituminous Water Vapor Retarders Used in Contact with Soil or Granular Fill under Concrete Slabs.
Check out our other W.R. Meadows products here.
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 12 in|