Enviro Klean® Safety Peel 1 is a solvent paste with a mild citrus odor that contains no methylene chloride or methanol. Designed for removal of paint, graffiti and clear coatings, Safety Peel 1 is a “slow-working” paint remover. Usually just one application dissolves multiple layers. Safety Peel 1 reduces environmental and applicator risks associated with use of conventional chemical paint removers. Used properly, Safety Peel 1 substantially reduces the volume of waste. Potentially hazardous paint solids are trapped in the semi-dry paste, which is then “peeled” from the surface, simplifying containment and disposal. Each 5-gallon pail of Safety Peel 1 includes a 10-pack of Enviro Klean® OverCoat®. Use this specially designed protective paper film to cover applications of the paste paint stripper. OverCoat® keeps the paste moist, increasing paint-removal effectiveness. The paper also protects the paste and passersby from incidental contact. In addition to their use as standard paint strippers, Enviro Klean® paint removers were developed for lead-based paint abatement projects where removal, containment and disposal of lead containing wastes are of primary concern.
• Ideal for lead-based paint abatement; simplifies containment and disposal.
• Contains no methylene chloride or methanol.
• Mild citrus odor; suitable for interior or exterior.
• Suitable for trowel or spray application.
• Slow drying improves removal efficiency – remains active for up to 12 hours when uncovered, and up to 24 hours when used with Enviro Klean® OverCoat®.
• Paste consistency adheres to vertical surfaces; prevents airborne lead particles.
• Rinses easily with cold or hot water. No surface neutralization required.