Enviro Klean SafStrip 8 Paint Stripper
Enviro Klean SafStrip 8 Paint Stripper
Prosoco Enviro Klean Safstrip8 paint stripper is for masonry, concrete wood, or metal. Safely remove different types of paints and sealers without harsh chemicals. This stripping compound is for nearly any hard surface. It removes most high strength paints and clear coats without the methylene chloride or methanol found in traditional solvent paint strippers. Use SafStrip 8 to break the bond of the toughest oil-based “alkyd” paints, acrylics, lacquers, and clear sealers. SafStrip 8 removes graffiti media such as spray paint and a magic marker. This product has a gel-like consistency that makes it hard to spill and easy to apply. It immediately emulsifies in water and can be rinsed off with cold water, hot water, or steam.
Enviro Klean SafStrip 8 Paint Stripper Rates and Temperature Requirements
Enviro Klean SafStrip8 Paint Stripper (GEL Based) coverage estimates depend on surface texture and porosity so the coverage rate is about 25–50 square feet per gallon. Do not dilute or alter and apply as packaged. The surface and air temperatures should be above 40°F (4°C) and below 85°F (29°C) during application. The cleaning compounds are affected by temperature therefore dwell times used successfully in one season may not be effective in another. Do not let stripper dry on the surface. If tests indicate long dwell times, reapply to keep the previously applied material wet and keep people away from the stripper.
Prosoco Enviro Klean Safstrip 8 Instructions:
Apply using a solvent-resistant brush or roller and rinse with enough water and pressure to flush spent cleaner and dissolved soiling from the surface and surface pores without damage. Inadequate rinsing leaves residues that may stain the cleaned surface. Masonry washing equipment generating 400–1000 psi with a water flow rate of 6–8 gallons per minute is the best water/pressure combination for rinsing porous surfaces. Using a 15–45° fan spray tip and heated water (150–180°F; 65–82°C) may improve cleaning efficiency. Use adjustable equipment for reducing water flow-rates and rinsing pressure as needed for sensitive surfaces. Rinsing pressures greater than 1000 psi and fan spray tips smaller than 15° may permanently damage sensitive surfaces. Water flow-rates less than 6 gallons per minute may reduce cleaning productivity and contribute to uneven cleaning results.
1. First Apply EnviroKlean Safstrip 8's 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thick to dry surface.
2. Second let the application dwell 15–60 minutes or until coating “lifts” or shows signs of dissolving. Periodic agitation with a stiff bristle brush improves penetration. Some coatings will need multiple applications/increased dwell time.
3. Then remove stripper and residue with a pressure-water rinse. Heated water may improve stripping efficiency.
4. Last clean the stripped surface if needed.
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 for Exterior Applications.
2. Second, using a low-pressure tank or pump-up sprayer, mist the treated surface with clean water. Water helps emulsify the old sealer and dilute the stripper so residues may be more easily removed.
3. Next scrub the surface until coatings are gone. Add more water to aid scrubbing. Ventilate to prevent the accumulation of combustible vapors.
4. Then use towels, mops, or wet vacs to collect liquid residue. Locate wet vac motor outdoors well away from application site in a high area where vapors will not collect.
5. Finally, you want to thoroughly brush or mop-and-bucket rinse with clean water.
Prosoco Enviro Klean Safstrip8's Product Data Sheet can also be read here.
Stop by and check out our other concrete products on our website.
|Dimensions||14 × 14 × 16 in|
- All Products (216)
- Anchors/Ties (4)
- Concrete Block (7)
- Concrete/Masonry Air and Water Barriers (35)
- Concrete/Masonry Cleaners (31)
- Concrete/Masonry Water Repellants (5)
- Concrete/Mortar Products (38)
- Corrosion Inhibitors (6)
- Mortar (1)
- Polyurethane Grout (8)
- Reinforcement wire (1)
- Restoration Anchors (4)
- Tools (89)